You cant go anywhere at the moment and not sign in with a QR code so your details are collected for Contact Tracing. The Government has written a very detailed article on setting up your QR code for visitors to your location to sign in.
If you have not set up your QR code yet this guide is a great place to start Free is good but companies are now asking for much more.
Now that thousands of businesses probably millions of businesses around the globe have set up a QR code for contact tracing data collection people are starting to ask questions about what else can we do to make the sign-in process better. Companies are discovering they want more than first name last name and mobile phone, below I will build a list of the questions being asked.
- How safe is my data? The security of data has not been cared for in the way personal details have previously been cared for. There are gaps with the free QR code app solutions.
- How can I get a message to the person the visitor is visiting?
- Can we pre-register a visitor in advance?
- Can we send information to the pre-registered visitor?
- Can we add some COVID questions plus visitor induction questions?
- Can I get alerts when certain people sign in?
- Can we connect Active Directory?
Can we solve some of these issues?
- The Visitor Management software is ISO27001 compliant
- Automatically send the host a message to say the visitor has arrived
- Pre-register visitors before they arrive
- Send details to the pre-registered visitor including address, map, parking instructions, and much more
- Include COVID questions plus visitor inductions on sign in.
- Set triggers to alert people of the arrival of selected people.
- Connect AD, take advantage of the API or webhooks.