Today’s Question from a long term visitor management customer – Can a visitor sign a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as part of the electronic sign in process at the kiosk?
Answer – YES
When people sign in at a location the experience is unique as not every location is the same. Therefore the sign in kiosk needs to allow for so many different scenarios;
- Do you need to capture a photo?
- Do you need to display an emergency evacuation map?
- Do you need to ask any questions?
- Do you need to stop a person signing in?
- Do you need to ask expected time on site?
- Do you need a NDA Agreement signed?
A customer needed every visitor to sign a NDA as part of their sign in process. This can be set up as part of a unique customer questionnaire.
The ‘waiver’ will be displayed for the person signing in to view, and below this will be an area for the person to sign with a digital pen or their finger.
Then there is an option to send a copy of the signed waiver to not only someone in your organisation but also the visitor themselves.
This can be sent to an email or mobile phone.
For more information please call on 1300 800 077